Saturday, March 8, 2014

Week 1

About to be done with Week 1 of my blogging about running....which also happens to be Week 1 (out of 20) of my training for the VIA Marathon.

In terms of soreness, so far so good. I have felt very little soreness since I have been slowly getting back into training (four weeks of steady running again, since surgery and baby recovery). The typical "sedentary stiffness" has set it, a term I coined for the post-running stiffness we feel after sitting or laying down for a period of time, like first thing in the morning. Some of that, but no soreness, yet.

I haven't started quality workouts yet, but my first fartlek is next week and my first progression run is tomorrow. Will be trying the Mizunos again for the first time in a while, since my progression run will include some faster pacing at the end.

I am surprised at how slow my 'easy pace' is, compared to what it was. When I started training for the CIM in 2012, my easy pace was around 8:35/mile. Right now, 8:35 feels pretty damn fast, and my easy pace is averaging around 9:10/mile. Discouraging, to say the least. But, as Sarah Hall says, "trust the process"!

Mileage this week: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment