Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week 2

It's a good feeling to finally regain some sense of strength in my legs as my base building trudges on. I always look forward to the fundamental phase of training in which fast workouts start to occur more frequently and I can feel the potential for big fitness gains in the near future. Week 2 was starting to feel that way, until I had to take two days in a row off due to my husband being out of town (I usually run in the early morning, when my husband can watch our infant son) and my being on dorm duty. It is SO frustrating to not be able to run because I have to sit around all day in case students need to sign out to go off campus. But such is the job I have and the life we chose here, though we will soon be changing that life again.

On Tuesday, I actually got to do my first double run, my normal morning run and an afternoon run with the track team. It was so refreshing and nice to get in an easy run with the girls, and on a beautiful day to boost. After being on duty Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday, I took off on an 11 mile long run, the longest since I've resumed training. The last 20 minutes were supposed to be a slightly quickened tempo pace, but I was starting to feel cramping under my collarbone, which has happened to me in the past early in training. My pace slowed a bit towards the end.

Next week is my first fartlek!

No comments:

Post a Comment