Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 3

Despite starting out the week with a sore throat and headache, I somehow managed to *mostly* continue my running schedule, with only slight modifications. Though on Monday's run, I felt strange tension in my shoulders and that horrible pain under my collarbone after about 30 minutes of running. Has anyone else experienced this? I think it happens when I am less in shape and my breathing is heightened. But it seemed to go away on my other runs. It was great to run with the track girls on Wednesday, in the warm sunshine and at a nice tempo pace. Then, my first fartlek on Friday! Not a terribly difficult one, and it felt good to get some speedwork in. Sunday was a very nice long run with a 10 minute progression at the end. I didn't do the last 10 minutes, but the second to last 10 minutes, so that I was on the trail and not the road during the faster pace. I think my body is adapting nicely to the change in training.

It's funny how much I don't want to lace up and run when my alarm goes off, yet how wonderful I feel for the rest of the day when I go out and get it done. It feels so good to be training again!

No comments:

Post a Comment