Friday, February 21, 2020

Week 4 - February 10-16, 2020

This was a good week. I started off back in FL, and finished with a really strong feeling treadmill run for my long run! Late to publish this post, was just slammed with work this week.

Overview:

Monday - Day off

Tuesday - 6 miles easy

Wednesday - 35 min Bike w/ 20 min Tempo
                     Lower Body Strength Routine

Thursday - 30 min Easy Bike Ride

Friday - 6 miles w/ 4 miles Tempo

Saturday - 30 min w/ 5 min/1 min INtensity intervals

Sunday - 12 miles Long (on the treadmill)

Run Details:

Easy run - this was a good recovery run from Sunday's 5K race. Felt smooth and strong. Nice to be back on the Pinellas Trail!


Light Tempo - Decided to do 4 miles of Tempo rather than 3, since I cut back my tempo run last week. Felt fairly strong. I didn't properly calibrate my Garmin to the Treadmill, so the paces are off. My actual pace was 7:20/mile for the Tempo portion.


Long Run - This was the fastest long run I've done in quite a long time. It was nice to feel my stride so consistent and solid for that length of run. Took 3 water breaks of no more than 30 seconds each. I'm really happy with how this has been feeling!


This week, I crafted my own strength routines. I took the exercises I've most benefited from over the years and aligned them with specific muscle groups and focus areas, like lower back and hamstrings in particular. We shall see how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment