Monday, February 3, 2020

Week 2 - January 27 - February 2, 2020

This was a pretty solid week! I'm proud of how the speed work went, especially since I didn't get great sleep in the days leading up to it.

An overview:

Monday - Day off. I really needed it

Tuesday - 20 min bike warm-up. Speedwork: 1-mile warm-up, 4x1200m reps @ 6:15/mi pace w/ 400m recovery, 1-mile cool-down

Wednesday - 30 min bike w/ random interval
                      Poseidon total body workout

Thursday - Took another day off. Horrible sleep last night.

Friday - Tempo: 7 miles w/ 5 miles @ tempo pace, 7:14/mile.
               Atlas basic core routine

Saturday - 45 min bike at a moderate pace
                 Bia hip routine

Sunday - 12 mile Long Run, 8:00/mile pace

Run details:

Speed Work Day - This went well! I really HATE 1200m reps so success with these is a big deal for me. I was definitely dragging towards the end but kept my pace on the last one.



Tempo Day - not too bad. I did take a brief water stop three times, but for no longer than 30 seconds. I used a VR program on the treadmill that was really kinda fun but disorienting! Felt strong.


Long Run Day - even better than last week, with two miles longer. This was my first run in new trainers, Mizuno Wave Shadow 2. They were much more responsive and firm than the Saucony Ride Iso pair I had been training in, but they were an adjustment and my lower leg tendons are a little sore from it. The elevation profile is, believe it or not, as flat as it gets here!


Nutrition & Hydration:

Fairly good week, but can always be better. Made a greater effort to consume water throughout the days. I also tried a new post-workout protein but wasn't a big fan. I am generally happy with my energy levels during workouts.

Rest & Recovery: 

Got some good sleep early in the week, but then terrible sleep on Wednesday night and that had me exhausted on Thursday. Much better sleep over the weekend.

Next week, I do one complete workout and then prepare for a 5K on Sunday in St Pete! Haven't raced in months, very excited to see what these legs can shake out.

No comments:

Post a Comment